Read more




Product Review for Lutian Ecological Series 3.5 kva Generator In Nigeria.



Specs


This Lutian generator available on the Jumia online store is a new model from the impressive Lutian brand.


Let’s take a quick look at the specs:
Model No.: LT3990E
    Output:- 220 - 240 volts
    Starting: Recoil/Electric
    Starting Kva: 3.5 kva Max
    Running Kva: 3.2 Kva Rated
    Ignition System: Transistor Magneto
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 15L
    Output Type: AC Single Phase
    Phase: Single-Phase
    Starting System: Recoil/Electric (Optional)
    Engine:- Spe 200e, max 6.5 hp,  4stroke, single cylinder, ohv, air cooled.
    Alternator:- brush, self-exciting, synchronous, 2 -pole 100% copper enameled wire used
    Run time per tank full:- 13 hours @ 50% load.
    Lube Oil Capacity: 0.6L
    Dimensions (l* w* h- 597*465*487
    Noise level @ 7 meters :- 66 db
    Weight:- 55 kg
    Battery: Yes


For a  more detailed review of various Lutian generator models visit this post

If you are here because your gen is faulty or giving you problems then just get this ebook instead.



Is This Gen worth your Money?


You should only consider buying a generator that has a fuel consumption rate you're comfortable with and that can serve your energy needs.

This gen is 3.5 kva which means it generates around 2800 watts. This means it can't carry any AC up to 1hp.
It would struggle to carry an 800w microwave. 

It is more suited for smaller loads like a 100L freezer, a TV set, one or two ceiling or standing fans and a pressing iron
If you want to use a pressing iron, try and switch off your freezer first before doing so.

It would certainly struggle to carry your borehole pump for example.
The fuel consumption ranges from 1.5 to 2 liters per hour which is great for it's size.

So if you're searching for a gen with more power then perhaps you should consider investing in a bigger generator.



Performance, Noise Level


This model has all the perks I like to see in a portable generator.

It’s got a splendid AVR so I was bold enough to use it to power my freezer without the use of a stabilizer (if you know how delicate some freezers can be then you’ll appreciate what I’m saying).

The Oil alert system also works as advertised.
The generator goes off immediately the oil level gets too low. So there is no fear of knocking the engine.

And then it’s got dual starting mechanisms. First off is the rope-pull mechanism.

I must say that I’m impressed by the quality of the rope.
It’s not brittle at all unlike that of an Elepaq Generator I used to own.

The rope is strong enough to withstand hard pulls which is important if you have reckless teens in the house. 

Although there is really no need for hard pulling since the gen is remarkably easy to start.

Apart from the rope-pull mechanism, it also has an electric key and of course an accompanying battery. 

I noticed that this model makes it easy to mount or dismount the battery unlike the LT3900 model. 

The battery is just right there at the front with a screw base unit that is easy to reach. Also it’s got a dc charger.

This charger is strong enough to charge my Opel car battery and I’m guessing it can charge a solar battery although I haven’t tried.

Just like other generators from the Lutian brand it’s got 100% copper windings.

This is impressive because most generators around 3.5KVA use aluminum instead since it’s cheaper.  

Because copper coil is more durable and is an excellent conductor of electricity, I’ve not had an issue of ‘burnt coil’ and it’s been over a year now.

It powers my 32 inch TV, bruhm freezer, and Galanz 0.5 air conditioner at the same time.

Although when I want to press my clothes I switch off the freezer and AC.
So it can carry a pressing iron although the sound of the gen is noticeably different under such load.

And it would carry a washing machine but you have to switch off your freezer and other heavy loads.


I found this nice video where someone connected a gas cylinder to his generator. I think it's a nice idea. Check it out.


Another huge plus is the low sound. This gen is almost silent. It just gives off a low hum which in my packed compound is a huge advantage.

It’s really not my style to be so thrilled with a product because I’m hard to please. But the only flaws I find are:
  • Changing the oil is kind of stressful. You have to look for a funnel or the keg should have a long mouth if not, the oil would waste while pouring. I wish they would make the oil filler easier to reach.


  • Also the warranty is rather limited. 
  • Jumia has no warranty for this product and I think the highest you’ll get from any retailer is 2-3 months. Although I have used it for a year with no issue, I like having a warranty.


View the price on Jumia


Does The Lutian LT3990E Guzzle Petrol or gasoline Like a 'Gacoholic'?


The full tank is about 15 liters. And this can last for up to twelve hours give or take. 

Now I know that most new generators don’t consume excess petrol. But even after one year, the petrol consumption is still remarkable.

I can use 4 liters for eight hours even when I load it with my 32 inch Haier TV, Haier double door refrigerator and 1.5 hp mobile air conditioner. That’s brilliant fuel consumption in my opinion.


Is This Gen A Good Fit for You?


This generator is low budget and is just around ₦105,000 on the Jumia online store. 

Its 3.5 KVA so it can power small business centers like printing and photocopying stalls, or kiosks with small freezers.

For home use it will carry anything below 3.2KVA.
This means you can use it to power your TV set, one deep freezer, one pressing iron and a small air conditioner and a host of other things like fans and electric bulbs.

Also if you’re scared of fakes, just know that this is a new model. So the fake products are yet to be produced. 

There is no fear of getting one with an aluminum coil. I don’t think our Aba boys work that fast.

So you decide. If you're living alone or stay in a 2 - 3 bedroom flat, this generator would be a great fit for you.

And that's all you need to know about the Lutian LT3990E Generator series.

If you have any questions, suggestions or opinions to make, please share with me in the comment section.

Have you used this Generator? Write your own review in the comments box.
Want a new TV to go with your gen? Read this Hisense 32 Inch TV Review

Here's what the public thinks about this gen.
lutian-3.5kva-customer-reviews


Update:

Suprise your loved ones or win the heart of your boss with fantastic customized artworks


HOW TO KNOW ORIGINAL LUTIAN GENERATOR

A lot of visitors have been asking me this question. But as I explained earlier original versions come with copper coil while the fakes come with aluminum coils.

Also, you're more likely to find a fake Lutian below 7KVa. The bigger gens rarely have fake versions.

Having said that, the original version of this LT3990E is still very popular as at the time of this update, Oct 2019.

And this gen is still in very good condition for me. Although I have it serviced every three months.

Read my review on other Lutian Generator Models

Don't forget to save my contact on WhatsApp.

Here is the WhatsApp link

Do you want to start a frozen food business or a Laundry service or any service that requires regular power supply?

You will need to know the best generator brand and size that will power your machines and save you from losses.

You need to know the most popular generators that successful individuals in your business use to avoid losing money because of:

  • Generators that consume too much fuel.

  • Fake generators

  • Generators that cannot power your machines.

  • Generators with misleading power rating specifications

Use my WhatsApp link to contact me and get expert advice to help you make smarter, safer purchases.

Consultation fee is fixed at 995 Naira. No refunds, no negotiation. Pay before service.

If you don't get a reply immediately, please be patient because I get hundreds of consultation requests.

If you don't want to spend 995 Naira then get this ebook instead. It will teach you all you need to know.











19 Reviews

  1. Thank you for reaching out. I'll keep updating the site with more product reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much man for the post. Is this gen still durable this 2019 or are there better upgrades models now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sorry for the late reply. This gen is still durable particularly because it's still being produced with original copper windings.
      I've not really checked the market for upgrades but I've found that with machines like this, it's better to stick with the ones that have been tested.

      Delete
  3. Hello. I'm so glad I stumbled on this blog. I do hope you'll be able to help. I have the exact type of Generator (Lutian 3990E). I notice that my geberator literally drinks oil. I mean, I'll fill the crank case with fresh oil, and in less than four dats of usage, the oil akert system will shut off the engine. Does Lutian consume that much oil? Why would I be filling the crank case every week???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ifiok, thank you for reading.
      Oil consumption like this is normal depending on how old your generator is.
      If it's new, like less than five months old, it shouldn't consume so much oil.
      But for older gens with gummed rings or faulty valve seals, oil consumption is high.
      To reduce the rate of oil usage, you will have to take the gen to a technician for servicing.
      The oil consumption also depends on the load you give the gen and the quality of the oil itself.
      What kind of oil do you use?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Samuel. I use the Mobil oil, specifically the 20W-50. I guess the rings/piston is faulty as the generator smokes. I bought it November last year. I'll take it for servicing. What do you think?

      Delete
    3. Pardon the late reply. The oil you're using is a heavy duty oil. So it's appropriate.
      But since the generator even smokes then you should service it.

      Delete
  4. This is Wonderful write up I just bought one but I have not started using it for now but with your explanation I now know what to use the Generator with. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Urgent SALES Lutian Ecological Series 3.5 kva Generator.
    Barely used 2months old (1 Fan, 3 Bulbs used only) Need Urgent Cash.
    WhatsApp: 0/8/1/4/1/1/9/5/9/9/9

    Model No.: LT3990E
    Output:- 220 - 240 volts
    Starting: Recoil/Electric
    Starting Kva: 3.5 kva Max
    Running Kva: 3.2 Kva Rated
    Ignition System: Transistor Magneto
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 15L
    Output Type: AC Single Phase
    Phase: Single-Phase
    Starting System: Recoil/Electric (Optional)
    Engine:- Spe 200e, max 6.5 hp, 4stroke, single cylinder, ohv, air cooled.
    Alternator:- brush, self-exciting, synchronous, 2 -pole 100% copper enameled wire used
    Run time per tank full:- 13 hours @ 50% load.
    Lube Oil Capacity: 0.6L
    Dimensions (l* w* h- 597*465*487
    Noise level @ 7 meters :- 66 db
    Weight:- 55 kg
    Battery: Yes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this generator yesterday Monday, but with the write-ups I have seen here am feeling bad, cos I bought mine so it would carry my AC and computers in my office...... So now I shouldn't use with AC to avoid shorting of oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the name and specification of the AC in your office?
      Ideally this gen can carry your computers and an AC. You should not experience oil problems until after about one year.
      Endeavor to gauge and top the oil regularly to ensure optimum performance.

      Delete
  7. I just bought lutian 3.5 kva generator, and I'm asked to add the manostat before starting the it, I don't seems to understand what I'm to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a Lutian LT3990E generator from Jumia and I noticed that the Generator cannot carry my air conditioner (Kenstar 1hp AC). Even after I put off all my other appliances, the Generator cannot still carry it. Once the AC is put on, the moment the outdoor unit tries to pick up, the sound of the Gen changes, and the A.C immediately trips off. Is anyone using this model LT3990E with their A.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anthony thank you for commenting and sorry about your Gen. This Lutian model is 3.5kva and so would struggle to power a 1hp AC. The air conditioner I tested it with is just 0.5 hp (Galanz brand). You may have to purchase a smaller AC or invest in a bigger generator.

      Delete
  9. Good Afternoon please my Lutian 3990E Battery have gone bad and I live in Abuja where can I get a new Battery to buy and how much? my email is danjumaoffor@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I sent you an email earlier.
      Please let me know the ampere size of your battery as I am no longer in possession of this generator model.

      You should find this information on the body of the battery.
      Better yet, email me a photo of the battery with the required information visible.

      That way i can find the store in Abuja that has it in stock.

      Delete
  10. Hello Samuel... Please tell me something about lutian Lt3600E 3.5kva key started. Is also brand new... Brought it from jumia 2days ago. But I want to know the things a 3.5kva can carry. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, the 3.5 kva Lutian Lt3600e gen is very similar to the Lt3900e gen in terms of power output.

      So you can refer to the photo above to know what it will carry.

      Ideally you shouldn't use it to power a borehole pump. Especially one of 1000 watts.

      You should also switch off heavy appliances like your freezer when using a pressing iron.

      Try and ensure that the total sum in watts of all the appliances you use on it do not exceed 2800 watts.

      Delete
  11. Hello good evening please I’ve just purchased and started using my lutian 3.5kva generator and I tried using is with my 1.5hp LG lvs/hvs air conditioner…. Although it’s carries it I seem to hear a little change in the sound….. like I said it carries the air conditioner properly just the change in sound is what I’m worried about should I continue using with the AC or stop? or just stop?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reaching out. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are leaving a comment because you want to create backlinks, just send a guest article to me in exchange for a backlink. It is free and you will get exposure for your blog or website.

Visit the guest article link at the top of the page to contact me for a guest post.